Riby Abraham Boby
Programme for Autonomous Robotics
Room 433, Block II
Dept. of Mechanical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
New Delhi 110016
1. Machine vision
2. Pattern Recognition
5. Metal Cutting
1. Bachelor of Engineering, National Institute of Technology Karnataka, Surathkal, India
2. Master of Science (Research), Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
1. Sandvik Cormonat AB, Dapodi, Pune, Maharashtra, India (Productivity Improvement Engineer)
2. Manufacturing Engineering Section, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai, India(MS(R) Student)
3. Measurement and Sensor Technology, Electrical Engineering, Technical University Munich, Theresienstraße, Munich, Germany(Exchange Student)
4. Biometric Research Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi, New Delhi, India(Senior Research Fellow)
5. Bio-Robotics & Human-Mechatronics Laboratory, Graduate School of IPS,Waseda University, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka, Japan(Collaboration)
R. A. Boby, Identification and Classification of Coating Defects using Machine Vision, M.S. thesis, Mech. Eng., IIT Madras, Chennai, 2010(pdf)
1. R. A. Boby,P. S. Sonakar, M. Singaperumal and B. Ramamoorthy, Identification of defects on highly reflective ring components and analysis using machine vision, Int. J. Adv. Manuf. Tech., 52(1-4),217-233,2011.(pdf)
2. M. Singaperumal, B. Ramamoorthy, S.P. Sureshrao and R. A. Boby, Identification of defects on highly reflective coated ring components using dark field illumination and image segmentation using simple thresholding technique, Int. J. Auto and Control,5(1),79-96,2011.(pdf)
3. R. B. Abraham, P.S. Sonakar, M. Singaperumal and B. Ramamoorthy, Identification and classification of defects on highly reflective textile machinery ring components, Int. J. Precision Technology,2(2-3),172-191,2011(pdf)
4. R. A. Boby, R. Prakash, S. K. Saha, T. Matsumaru, P. Sharma, S. Jaitly, Calibration and statistical techniques for building an interactive screen for learning of alphabets by children, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems, 14 (3),172-191,2017(online)
1. R. A. Boby, A. P. Grassi, M. Singaperumal, B. Ramamoorthy and A. W. Koch, Thresholding techniques for detection of defects using dark-field illumination, ISMTII 2011 proceedings, Daejeon, Korea, July 2011(Selected for DST travel grant).
2. R. A. Boby, M. Hanmandlu, A. Sharma and M. Bindal, Extraction of Fractal Dimension for Iris texture, IEEE/IAPR International conference on Biometrics (ICB), New Delhi, March 2012 (Oral presentation).(pdf)
3. P.Tiwan,R.A.Boby,S.Dutta Roy,S.Chaudhury, S.K.Saha, Cylindrical Pellet Pose Estimation in Clutter using a Single Robot Mounted Camera, Proc. Advances in Robotics (AIR), Pune, July 2013 (Oral presentation) (pdf).
4. P. Sharma, R. P. Joshi, R. A. Boby, S. K. Saha and T. Matsumaru, Projectable Interactive Surface Using Microsoft Kinect V2: Recovering Information from Coarse Data to Detect Touch, Proc. IEEE/SICE SII 2015, Nagoya, Dec 2015 (Oral presentation)(pdf).
5. R. A. Boby and S. K. Saha, Single image based camera calibration and pose estimation of the end-effector of a robot, Robotics and Automation (ICRA), 2016 IEEE International Conference on, Stockholm, May 2016, 2435-2440 (Oral presentation)(pdf).
6. M. Roy, R. A. Boby, S. Chaudhary, S. Chaudhury, S. D. Roy and S. K. Saha, Pose estimation of texture-less cylindrical objects in bin picking using sensor fusion, Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2016 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on, Daejeon, September 2016, 2279-2284 (Oral presentation)(pdf).
For more updated list of publications with citations please check Google Scholar Profile).
1. Riby Abraham Boby and Subir Kumar Saha, Identification of Industrial Robot Using Vision, ISIPS 2013, Fukuoka,2013. (Oral presentation).
2. R. P. Joshi, R. A. Boby, S.K. Saha and T. Matsumaru, SAKSHAR: An Image-projective Desktop Varnamala Trainer (IDVT) for Interactive Learning of Alphabets, ISIPS 2014, Fukuoka,2014. (Oral presentation).
3. Ravi Prakash Joshi, Riby Abraham Boby, Subir Kumar Saha, Takafumi MatsumaruSAKSHAR: An Image-projective Desktop Varnamala Trainer (IDVT) for Interactive Learning of Alphabets, ICRA 2015 Developing Countries Forum, Seattle, 2015 (Oral presentation).
4. Pratyusha Sharma, Vinoth Venkatesan, Ravi Prakash Joshi, Riby Abraham Boby, Takafumi Matsumaru and Subir Kumar Saha, An Economical Version of SAKSHAR-IDVT: Image-projective Desktop Varnamala Trainer,ISIPS 2015, Fukuoka,2015. (Oral presentation).
5. R. P. Joshi, P. Sharma, R. A. Boby, S. K. Saha and T. Matsumaru , Use of Kinect Sensor for Building an Interactive Device, ISIPS 2016, Fukuoka, 2016. (Oral presentation).
Awards and Honours
Excellent Poster Award for poster titled "IDENTIFICATION OF INDUSTRIAL ROBOT USING VISION" presented at International Collaboration Symposium 2013, Graduate School of IPS, Waseda University, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Link
Excellent Paper Award for paper titled "Use of Kinect Sensor for Building an Interactive Device" presented at International Collaboration Symposium 2016, Graduate School of IPS, Waseda University, Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Link
Databases for Paper under Review:The new concept of Information Sets and its application in iris recognition(pdf)
Database for Iris biometrics: CASIA IRIS v3 iris strips
Project for Promotion of Primary Education(poster)