I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIT Delhi, India.
My broad research interests are human sentence processing, natural language parsing, natural language modeling, and dependency grammar.
My current research investigates the notion of syntactic complexity and how it relates to the predictive nature of human sentence processing and
working-memory constraints. I have investigated these questions using behavioural, corpus-based as well as computational modelling methods.
In addition to the research on sentence comprehension, I have also investigated reading processes in Hindi and Urdu.
- I gave a talk at the Center for Cognitive Science, IIT Kanpur on the 24th March 2018.
- IIT Delhi Linguistics has made an entry in the QS world rankings. It has been ranked the best in India! (See here)
- 4 abstracts from the Psycholinguistics Lab @ IIT Delhi accepted for poster presentation at the 31st Annual CUNY Sentence Processing Conference 2018. (More details)
- I will be giving a keynote talk at the Bridging Research On Cognition And Speech (BROCAS) symposium at IIT Ropar.
- 5 abstracts (3 talks and 2 posters) from the Psycholinguistics Lab @ IIT Delhi accepted at the Architectures and Mechanisms of Language Processing - Asia (AMLaP-Asia) Conference 2018. (More details)
- New Abstract: Handling non-projectivity in a dependency-to-phrase-structure conversion algorithm for Hindi. Himanshu Yadav, Ashwini Vaidya and Samar Husain. In 39th International Conference of Linguistic Society of India, IIT Patna. 2017.
- New Paper: Understanding constraints on non-projectivity using novel measures. Himanshu Yadav, Ashwini Vaidya and Samar Husain. In Proceedings of the International Conference on Dependency Linguistics, Pisa. 2017. (to appear)
- New Paper: Role of expectation and working memory constraints in Hindi comprehension: An eyetracking corpus analysis. Arpit Agrawal, Sumeet Agarwal and Samar Husain. Journal of Eye Movement Research, 10(2):4, 1-15, 2017. [pdf | code]
Last updated: 19 December, 2017